Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for, so I decided we should make a list. We of course could not write down everything but here are 10 random things we are thankful for this year:
1. Family and friends that are here to support us in good times and bad.
2. That our family lives close so we do not have to travel far to celebrate holidays. Navigating the grocery store was crazy, I can't imagine trying to get through the airports!
3. A new house!! A year ago this weekend we (with the help of friends and family) moved into our new house. Having a handicapped accessible house makes daily living easier.
4. Our health, safety and happiness.
5. The iPad! It has been a great source of fun and communication in my classroom. It was been fun for me in long car rides or times of boredom....I love the game solitary! For Kelsey, it has provided maps during travel, web pages anywhere, and books without paper.
6. That I got to spend the summer with Great Aunt before she passed away. She needed a lot of care in the end but I would not change the time we spent together.
7. Thankful we are God parents to the sweetest girl around!
8. Our jobs. As much as we dislike getting up in the morning to head to school, we are thankful we have a source of income.
9. The seasons....when it's hot in the summer we long for snow....when it's freezing and snowing we long for green grass and swimming! Fall and Spring are in between, but nothing beats the leaves changing colors and flowers blooming.
10. That it is Thanksgiving, because next comes Christmas Lights, decorations, and Jesus.
We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember all the things to be thankful for!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (25)
- ▼ November (4)